They WON $10,000 in Wedding Cash with ABIA!
âImagine winning $10,000 in wedding cash to create the wedding of your dreams? For two Army professionals, Breianon & Dylan, their dreams came true, they won the ABIA Bride-And-Groom Competition and said "I Do" at their dream wedding this September.
Tell us about your proposal! When, where, how?
Dylan and I were on our first overseas holiday together in Japan, we were snowboarding in Hakuba, Japan (more like I was faceplanting and Dylan was killing it). I had just faceplanted going down a steep corner and Dylan pulled me off to the safety of a shoulder, we had a snowball fight and Dylan told me to close my eyes, I opened them and there was a gorgeous ring.
Dylan had secretly filmed the proposal on a Go-Pro (he had listened to my hints after all), I had a running joke with all my girlfriends for the duration of the trip through a number of snapchat images of Dylan’s back to me and the caption “still waiting”, I announced it to the girls as “I found it!”.
What was your favourite moment from the Wedding Day? Does your husband have a different favourite?
Breianon: "Just one? Oh my goodness, our day was filled with warmth and love from all of our family and friends but my favourite was the moment I saw Dylan when I entered the Church. When I saw him I had absolutely no doubt that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and that he was my soul mate."
Dylan: "Seeing Brei for the first time coming down the aisle." (a man of many words - Brei)
What was the general theme of your wedding day? What inspired your wedding décor?
Our theme was “roll with it”, we chose a simple theme and selected what we liked. We weren’t too fussed on décor but I am glad that I upgraded our chairs at Victoria Park, it made all the difference to the space.
What was your biggest surprise on your wedding day?
Dylan tearing up when he saw me walk down the aisle and during his vows, being an unemotional man it filled my heart with joy.
What song played for your first dance?
âWith You – Vance Joy
What advice would you give to future brides for their wedding day?
Sit back and take in what is going on around you, make sure you take a moment to feel the love and joy in the room by your nearest and dearest, and don’t forget to take time for yourselves because after all it is YOUR day. It is also acceptable to start drinking at 7am as long as there is orange juice in your wine.
(Mum & Bub Mila getting ready)
Who were all of the vendors that made this magical day happen?
- Ceremony Location – High Church
- Reception Location – Victoria Park
- Celebrant - Army Padre provided by my Unit
- Wedding Dress – Dixie, Mia Solano provided by Luv Bridal
- Bridesmaids Dresses – Ally Fashion
- Bridal Accessories – Julie Herbert Millinery and Pandora
- Hair – Belladonna Brides
- Makeup – Belladonna Brides
- Shoes – Ruby Shoes
- Grooms Suit – Joe Black
- Groomsman – Joe Black
- Stationery / Invitations – The Sundae Collective (Etsy) but we made them ourselves
- DJ / Band - G & M DJS
- Florist - Eufloria
- Photographer – Save The Date Photography
- Videographer – Mac Loxton
- Cake - Katherine Buckler (friend)
- Transport – Brisbane Limousines and Roaring Twenties
- Bomboniere - The Confectionary Warehouse, Off the Shelf Designs
- Decorator / Stylist – Victoria Park
- Hire – One Stop Wedding Shop
- Jewellery / Rings – Angus and Coote
- Photo Booth – In The Booth