Black Avenue Productions - Melbourne Wedding Videography and Photography
If you haven't been married before, let me tell you. The getting married part takes about half an hour - the rest of the day is about you feeling relieved it's mostly over, letting your hair down and having a great laugh with friends and family.
If I could take back my wedding photos and reshoot them.. I so would! But once the day is gone it's gone forever.
Research is Key
Sadly, I rushed booking a wedding photographer and ended up regretting it. I spent the most on photos from my wedding budget and in the end I wasn't happy. The photographer just didn't connect, listen to our preferences or ask us questions about what 'we' wanted.
Planning for Videography
I also regret not having videography in our package because it was "out of my budget" and I thought "I didn't need it". I asked a friend to shoot some video for us which, turned out really bad. When I found a few thousand dollars in the wishing well at the end of our wedding night, I almost cried!
Black Avenue Productions Goal
Today, I make it my personal mission on every job to ensure I understand what couples want. Not just what will look good in a photo or printed on a canvas, but what couples genuinely want to remember years after their wedding day.
This is our passion. This is our craft.
A little about Black Avenue Productions
- Started in 2016 by Derek Chan and Lowina Blackman
- Derek (Photographer) has a PHD in civil engineering but decided to follow his heart - photography, he quit his university professor job to pursuit his dreams
- Lowina (Photographer) was a fashion designer for a decade. Cat lover, ramen enthusiast, can get a little over excited about weddings, love beautiful things
- Eileen (Hair & Makeup artist) - vegan with a big heart, love fashion, styling and beautiful things. Speak fluent in Spanish and little bit Cantonese.
- Joseph (Videographer) - Passionate about videography, he gets lots of film making inspirations from watching Korean dramas.
- Andy (Videographer) - Award winning videographer, has been a full time professional videographer for years, big fan of Japan, super friendly.
- Dani (Videographer) - Has been shooting videos for 20+ years, love creating music videos. Capturing natural moments from afar is his specialty
- Small, friendly, passionate Melbourne-based team - loves connecting with couples
- Range of wedding photography and videography products and services
- Intimate, friendly, candid, natural story telling
- Not forced or rushed, no heavy photoshopped
- Limited number of wedding jobs each year - we believe in quality not quantity, we do not want to drain our passion
- We donate a small portion of profit from each job to a local charity
ABIA Profile | Facebook | Website | Instagram
The Top 17 Melbourne marriage Celebrants Still Looking For a Melbourne Marriage...
7 Reasons Why Greek Entertainment Is The Next Big Wedding Trend Unique Wedding Ideas Greek Entertainment...
19 Of The Best Melbourne Wedding Photographers 128 139 photo Provided By Mark Dayman Photography Still...